Are you looking for a free stock background that features flowers? Ready to swap out your phone's floral wallpaper? Or, just need a fantastic image of a flower or two? We've all been there. Luckily, you can rely on StockSnap for all of your background needs.
In this post, we're sharing 5 floral backgrounds that you can download for free and a few facts about flowers!
1. Sunflower Background
Floral Facts about Sunflowers:
- The scientific name for the common sunflower is Helianthus annuus.
- There are more than 65 different species of sunflowers.
- Despite being seen as a symbol of positivity, some people fear this flower. A phobia of sunflowers is called Helianthophobia.
2. Grape Hyacinth Wallpaper
Floral Facts about Grape Hyacinth Flowers:
- The scientific name for the grape hyacinth flower is Muscari.
- Grape Hyacinths are native to the Mediterranean region.
- The petals of this bulbous plant vary in color. Grape Hyacinths can be found in shades of blue, pink, yellow, and white.
3. Wallpaper with Variegated Tulips
Searching for a splash of color? If so, consider this close-up image of three variegated tulips by Tricia Gray. The vibrant orange, red, and yellow petals of these three flowers will surely brighten your day.
Floral Facts about Tulips:
- The scientific name for tulips is Tulipa.
- Scientists estimate that there are 100 species of tulip flowers and more than 4,000 horticulural varieties that have been developed.
- Tulip cultivation begin in Persia (modern-day Iran) in the 10th century and was an important symbol of the Ottoman Empire.
4. Daisy Wallpaper
Floral Facts about Daisies:
- The term 'daisy' can refer to several species of flowering plants in the Asteraceae plant family.
- The oxeye daisy is native to Asia and Europe but can be found in the United States as well.
- Daisies are commonly identified by white petals with golden-yellow centers. However, these flowers can come in other colors varieties such as orange, pink, red, and yellow.
5. Baby's Breath Background with Caterpillar
Mother Nature can be so fascinating. Need a daily reminder of that? Download this free stock background of a black, white, and yellow caterpillar climbing the stem of baby's breath flower by Kelly Ishmael.
Floral Facts about Baby's Breath Flowers:
- The scientific name for annual baby's breath is Gypsophila elegans and the genus name for perennial baby's breath is Gypsophila paniculata.
- Baby's Breath is native to Asia and Europe.
- This flower is commonly cultivated to be used in floral arrangements
Need more images than what we've compiled here? Visit StockSnap.
“Sunflower.” Encyclopædia Britannica, Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc., https://www.britannica.com/plant/sunflower-plant
“Grape Hyacinth.” Encyclopædia Britannica, Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc., https://www.britannica.com/plant/grape-hyacinth.
“Tulip.” Encyclopædia Britannica, Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc., https://www.britannica.com/plant/tulip.
“Daisy.” Encyclopædia Britannica, Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc., https://www.britannica.com/plant/daisy.
“Baby's Breath.” Encyclopædia Britannica, Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc., https://www.britannica.com/plant/babys-breath.